Now that AC+R has been out for a while, I figure I should come out of my cave again and post the complete change list for Millia. The only other English language change list is sourced from the 2nd location test, so this should be more up to date. Everything here is taken from Millia’s ACR changes page in the Japanese GGXX Wiki, which as of this date was last updated on October 9th.
- Backdash invulnerability down from 7f->5f
- Can now back air dash cancel
j.2h: return of the Milliacopter
j.214k: K version of Silent Force added. Comes down at a sharper angle
214d: Forcebreak Secret Garden added. Starts up much faster, animation similar to EX Millia’s
j.2141236h: aerial Winger added. Similar to EX Millia’s
6p can now be jump cancelled
5s(c) improved hitbox: has more forward reach
5s(f) can now be jump cancelled
2s active frames increased from 2f->4f
- Now prorates 90%(previously 100%)
- Damage down from 40->36
- Untechable time decreased from 25f->20f
- Startup decreased from 10f->9f
- Guard meter decrease from 10->7
- New gatling: j.k can now gatling and combo into j.h
- Hitbox weakened
- Startup increased from 11f->12f
- Startup increased from 11f->17f
- Damage increased from 30->48
- Attack level increased from 3->4
- Guard meter decrease from 9->6
- Now prorates 80%
- Wallbounces on hit in corner
- Wallbounces on counterhit(XX to Slash style)
- Untechable time increased from 23f->38f
- Cannot be jump cancelled anymore
- In counterhit state during 1f~15f
- Can pick up the pin during roll
- Low profile is now on frame 2(previously frame 1)
214s(Lust Shaker): command is now 214s ONLY. Cannot mash s to get this attack anymore
214h(Secret Garden): ball disappears if Millia is hit
- After pin is thrown, it cannot be picked up for a certain amount of time. During this time, the pin will look normal. When it can be picked up, it will glitter.
- All versions of Silent Force have recovery decreased by 3f
- Untechable time increased from 28f->33f
- Startup decreased from 12f->5f
- Causes wallstick on hit in corner
- Millia now floats in the air during startup(similar to EX Millia)
- FRC point added between 6f~8f
- No longer affects guard bar
- Disc now guaranteed to appear on frame 22(previously frame 4)
j.236d(Air Pretty Maze)
- Startup decreased from 15f->13f
- Disc is now guaranteed to appear on frame 12(previously frame 4)
- Untechable time increased from 40f->50f
- Recovery time is now 23f
2141236h(Winger): last hit causes groundslide
From this list and the videos I’ve seen, Millia seems really strong. All of the things that made her good in Accent Core are still present in +R and the various nerfs she got don’t really change her overall gameplan. She still has the same options along with some cool new tools to play with. I admit that I’ll miss the old FB Pretty Maze: the new animation of this move gives her less time to mix up the opponent. Backdash invincibility getting shortened also hurts but it just means she will have to be even more careful on defense.
Her neutral game in this version is much stronger, purely because of the change to one move: jump dust! You can probably already tell from how many lines j.d takes up in the list, but this move has been drastically changed. In neutral, j.d is now a much bigger threat than it was in AC, because it now wallbounces on counter hit. So she can get a full combo instead of a simple knockdown. It even wallbounces on normal hit, which is hilarious. But she can only follow that up if it is in corner.
I’m also pretty happy that a number of the changes addressed some of my pet peeves with playing Millia. Particularly when 2k5s fails to combo at seemingly random distances, when 6p antiair can’t be followed up because of distance/weird opponent hitbox, and the low active frames of 2s. The improvements to 5s, 6p, and 2s pretty much fix all of these personal annoyances. The jump cancel point on 5s(f) is also nice, but I’m not sure how useful it will be? It will at least make her ground poking game a little better.
One thing that I know for sure is that she will be easier to play than her AC incarnation. Because of the drastic slowdown of j.d’s startup, j.kd no longer works, which pretty much makes all of her old combos obsolete. The only way she can combo into j.d now is after pin or air FB disc. I almost dread the day that AC+R comes out in the west because I know I’m going to have to spend hours upon hours re-writing the Millia combo page. However, since she has the Milliacopter back in the form of j.2h, her combos are now much easier to do and not as character specific. It also means that her abare is better because she can convert random hits into full combo + knockdown more often now. If not full combo, then at least knockdown. That’s more important for her anyway.
If Millia gets changed even more in Ver 1.01, I will update this post accordingly. Until next time!